Back to School Care Package Giveaway from Hallmark
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
I’m one of those parents who likes to shower my kids with affection. Don’t get me wrong, they get plenty of discipline and tough love…but it’s love all the same and I always want them to know that everything I do is because I love them. I recently bought a couple of “I Love You Because” prints for both of my boys and can’t wait to put them up. They can’t read yet, but it will be nice to periodically tell them all the different reasons I love them.
Now that that the kids are officially back to school, Hallmark has caught my attention with their Back to School encouragement line. which includes:
• Hallmark’s Kids Collection greeting cards, which feature kid-appropriate topics from managing difficult academic or social situations, to achieving a personal goals in the classroom or on the field.
My kids are too young for something like this, but I know plenty of other kids who would love to get a little note like this in the mail. I mean, really, what child doesn’t love to get mail…especially when it’s a little note of encouraging!
• A few of Hallmark’s “any day” greeting cards for kids, featuring Justin Bieber. [insert high pitched screams here]
• Lunchbox Notes, which offer 50 ways for you to add a little love to lunchtime…especially helpful if you’re not feeling creative enough to come up with something new to say every day.
• Bug’Em, a pint-sized plush that can hold cards and other tokens of encouragement and give an unexpected lift to any youngster’s day. (Hallmark has a few suggested uses on their website that I can’t wait to try…my oldest will get such a kick out of it!)
For those of us with younger kids, we know how nervous they can get at the beginning of a school year. I know that my typically outgoing son becomes so shy at the start of a new school year. This year has been a little easier because there are some familiar faces in his class, but he still clings to me on occasion. And, I know there are a few others in his class who are having a much more difficult time. So, I think I’ll share Nugget, the Hallmark Interactive Storybook Buddy with the class to help loosen them up. In the book “Nugget’s First Day of School”, Nugget is going to doggy school for the first time, and as you can imagine, he’s just a little unsure about it. The story chronicles Nugget’s first day of dog school, while an incredibly adorable plush dog speaks up to reply aloud to key phrases in his book. When the book is over, kids can play with their new friend Nugget…and even take him along for moral support. How awesome is that?!?
Hallmark would like to reward one Average Parent reader with their choice of Nugget’s First Day of School or the Back-to-School Care Package. To enter, let me know what ways you support your kids throughout the school year.
For additional entries, complete the following and leave me a comment.
1. Follow Hallmark on facebook and leave a comment to say hello.
2. Follow The Average Parent on facebook AND leave me a comment on the post for this giveaway.
3. Share this page on facebook or twitter.
This contest will end Monday, Sept 10 at 11:59 p.m. at which time the winner will be chosen with a random number generator at Random.org. The winner will be announced on this page, on the facebook wall and will be contacted via email. The winner will have the option of selecting one of the two prize options and will have two business days to claim his / her prize before another winner will be chosen. The email addresses collected on this page are used for contacting the winner and will never be sold or given away. Open to US residents. Good luck everybody!
A representative for Hallmark provided the prizes for the purpose of this post at no cost to me. This giveaway is administered by me. Therefore, any questions or comments regarding this promotion should be sent to me. The Average Parent is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen prizes. Winner is responsible for any taxes and/or fees that may result from winning. The Average Parent and the sponsoring company are not liable for any injury or damages to person and/or things as a result of the acceptance of the prize offered.
Additionally, The Average Parent has pledged to Blog with Integrity. So, although I occasionally receive free products from PR and marketing reps, the recommendations I make are based on my own experiences in the real world. I promise to only provide reviews on the products and services I absolutely love, and I define this as something I would purchase for myself or as a gift for others. For more details about my review policy please visit the Disclaimer Page.