Win Tickets to Monster Trucks 4-Wheel Jamboree [ENDED]
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Congratulations, Brittany Kennedy Knick, you won the 4-Wheel Jamboree tickets. To claim your prize, please respond BEFORE NOON via email at theaverageparent[at]gmail[dot]
You guys might remember my earlier post about going to the Monster Truck Nationals at the Indiana State Fair last month. It was a blast and my boys absolutely LOVED having such a great seat for the event.
My oldest has not stopped talking about it ever since and he keeps asking all kinds of questions about the trucks. His only regret was that he wasn’t able to get a closer view. I mean, we were in the front row, but he wanted to walk right up to the trucks and check them out. (future engineer we have here!) That’s why I’m so excited to take him to the Indianapolis 4-Wheel Jamboree which will be at the Indiana State Fairgrounds September 14-16. I love this venue because it’s so accessible and you can sit just about anywhere you want…but there’s even more to this event!
Here are some of the highlights my kids are going to go crazy over:
• Show and Shine Competition – OK, we are a family of gear heads (this is Indiana, you know!) so we are almost always up for a good car show. Now we get to take that to the next level with some up close and personal inspections of Monster Trucks.
• Sergeant Smash Rides! No kidding, you can actually sit in a Monster Truck and go on a ride your kids will be talking about for months…years probably.
• BIGFOOT will attempt to reclaim the World Record in the Longest Jump by a Monster Truck
• The world’s youngest monster truck team will be there. Ranging in ages 6-14, this is an impressive group of drivers, with some really cool vehicles! I just hope my guys don’t get any big ideas…that’s a big step up from Power Wheels. It looks like they have t-shirts though…that’s close enough, right?
• I can’t imagine my kids getting bored, but just in case, The Family Fun Zone will provide a wonderful outlet. Available during certain times throughout the weekend, the fun zone will give kids a chance to hit the bounce house, throw a football around and generally blow off some steam between shows.
One day advanced tickets are $17 for adults ($20 at the gate), $10 for kids 3-12 and kids 2 and under are free…plus, they offer group rates as well. Visit the 4-Wheel Jamboree website for a complete schedule of events and more information.
Just one note:
I had no idea what to expect from the monster trucks, but I am really glad I invested in a pair of protective ear muffs for the kids. They were $16 on Amazon and can be delivered in 2 days if you have Prime.
Family Events would like to reward one Average Parent reader with a family 4 pack of tickets to the Jamboree. To win, all you have to do is leave a comment letting me know what you’re most interested in seeing at the event.
For additional entries, complete the following and leave me a comment.
1. Follow 4-Wheel Jamboree on facebook and leave a comment to say hello. While you’re there, check out the photos from past events to get yourself excited for next weekend.
2. Follow The Average Parent on facebook AND leave me a comment on the post for this giveaway.
3. Follow The Average Parent on Twitter and retweet this giveaway.
4. Follow 4-Wheel Jamboree on Twitter.
5. Share this page on facebook or twitter.
6. Head over to Indianapolis with Kids for even more chances to win.
This contest will end Wednesday, September 12 at 11:59 p.m. at which time the winner will be chosen with a random number generator at Random.org. The winner will be announced on this page, on the facebook wall and will be contacted via email. The winner will be required to claim their prize via email to me by noon on Thursday before another winner will be chosen. The email addresses collected on this page are used for contacting the winner and will never be sold or given away. Open to US residents. Good luck everybody!
A representative for Family Events provided the prizes for the purpose of this post at no cost to me. This giveaway is administered by me. Therefore, any questions or comments regarding this promotion should be sent to me. The Average Parent is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen prizes. Winner is responsible for any taxes and/or fees that may result from winning. The Average Parent and the sponsoring company are not liable for any injury or damages to person and/or things as a result of the acceptance of the prize offered.
Additionally, The Average Parent has pledged to Blog with Integrity. So, although I occasionally receive free products from PR and marketing reps, the recommendations I make are based on my own experiences in the real world. I promise to only provide reviews on the products and services I absolutely love, and I define this as something I would purchase for myself or as a gift for others. For more details about my review policy please visit the Disclaimer Page.